Full blood flow in the brain is incredibly important for the whole body. If you systematically strengthen the blood vessels of the brain, you can avoid not only Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss, stroke, but also other dangerous ailments. Reputable doctors believe the health of blood vessels the right way to active longevity.
The task of the vessels is to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the brain and to detoxify and exchange products on the way back. If this process is disturbed, the person’s general state of health worsens and a number of adverse events occur.
Signs of problems with the vascular system
The first “bells” to thinking about how to strengthen the vascular system of the brain are the following symptoms:
- Poor quality of sleep.
- Frequent headaches.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Dizziness, fainting.
- The dependence of well-being on weather conditions.
- Blood pressure drops.
- Cold limbs.
Who is at risk?
To the question: “Who needs to strengthen the blood vessels?” The doctors answer unequivocally: “To each and everyone.” Like other organs, with age, the vascular system wears out. The sooner we start to take care of her health, the better. Some individuals are more prone to vascular ailments, among them:
- Heavy exercise increases the pressure, which means that the blood pushes against the vascular walls. To withstand such a shock, the vessel must be strong.
- People prone to a sedentary lifestyle. When moving the bloodstream is activated, washing all organs, including the brain. This prevents the formation of blood clots.
- Persons living in a state of chronic stress. With nervous shocks, adrenaline and cortisol are released into the bloodstream, which sharply constricts blood vessels. When this process occurs regularly, the fragile capillary walls lose their tone.
- People suffering from heart disease, hypothyroidism, anemia, hypertension, depression, obesity.
- Those whose relatives suffered a heart attack or stroke.
- Intensive smokers and alcohol abusers.
How to independently strengthen the vessels of the brain
According to WHO statistics, preventive measures to improve the blood vessels prevent the development of stroke in 80% of cases. The highest effect gives a combination of different techniques. For example, one use of medicines without gymnastics will not be a panacea, as well as the use of only diet or massage. The key to success is in an integrated approach and the rhythm of actions taken.
If you want to strengthen your cerebral vessels, regular exercise should be the number one priority. Playing sports is the most useful thing you can do for the health of your brain. Head vessels are directly difficult to train. In contrast to the vessels of the body, located between the muscle fibers, they lie directly in the brain tissue. However, a healthy body autonomously regulates the state of the vascular bed; therefore all health procedures are beneficial.
The best training for vessels – aerobic exercises that you like enough to perform them every day. Any cardio load that makes the heart work is good, but it should not be overly tense. Walking, running, cycling, playing tennis, badminton, yoga – all these are great options.
- Yogic exercises. The best yoga poses that help strengthens the vessels of the brain are inverted asanas, that is, those in which the head drops below the heart. A simple and effective asana that even beginners can do is “dog pose down,” as shown in the figure below.
A more advanced version is the birch tree, which we have known since childhood. During the performance of the stand on the shoulders, blood rushes to the brain, preventing stagnation. Its regular implementation reduces blood pressure, gives rest to the heart.
- Head tilts Head down, chin pressed to the chest. Gently tilt your head back and hold that position for a few seconds. Bend your head alternately to the right and left shoulder. Repeat tilts 5-10 times. All movements must be made in the comfort zone.
Thanks to this simple training, the neck muscles are stretched, in which the arteries leading to the head are located. Their structure becomes more elastic.
- Head rotation It is performed immediately after the slopes. Slowly make circular movements in one direction and then in the opposite direction. This exercise increases the flexibility of the neck muscles and vertebrae, relieves the tightness and spasms of the vessels located here.
- Tibetan exercise. Lying on your back, raise your arms and legs perpendicular to your body and shake them intensely for several minutes. This exercise should be done daily, preferably immediately after waking up, you can lie in bed. Such movements cause a rush of blood to the brain, helping to strengthen the blood vessels and clean them of toxins.
Medicines that improve the functioning of cerebral vessels are divided into two large groups:
- dilating vessels;
- strengthen the vascular wall.
Which type of drugs is indicated for a particular patient should be decided by the doctor. As an independent therapy, vitamin supplements can be recommended. Complexes containing vitamins B, C, P, A, E will help strengthen the vessels of the head.
For the recovery of blood vessels using the method of contrasting temperature effects on the body. The easiest way to use at home is a douche. On the same principle, immersion in a cold front after a steam room in a bath is built.
During heating of the body, the capillaries reflexively expand, and when cooled, they narrow. Alternate relaxation and contraction train the muscles of the vascular wall. After such manipulations, the cerebral vessels come to atone. An additional effect of such procedures will be a hardening of the whole organism.
A person needs to get used to temperature changes step by step. The first week, you can pour cold water on the legs to the knees and hands to the elbows. From the second week, you can go to the contrast soul of the whole body. The temperature of the water should be reduced gradually, starting with warm and cool, and ending with cold and hot. The standard wellness cycle includes three contrasts that end in cold douche.
If you want to purposefully strengthen the vessels of the brain, before the body contrast shower, make a separate procedure specifically for the head. It consists of 3 “hot-cold water” cycles.
To preserve the health of blood vessels, lovers of fried, smoked, fatty dishes will have to change their eating habits. Animal fats, in particular, fat, lead to the deposition of cholesterol plaques, so try to limit their amount in the diet, replacing them with vegetable analogs. The blacklist includes sausages, sweet pastry, soda, and coffee. Of course, we are not talking about a strict ban, but about a reduction to a reasonable minimum.
What does diet logy propose to replace the usual for many dishes to avoid problems with the vessels?
Introducing the TOP 10 best products for vascular health:
- Spinach, lettuce, and greens are rich in magnesium, which dilates blood vessels and facilitates blood flow to the brain.
- Asparagus is a valuable source of folic acid that improves tissue tropism.
- Citrus fruits supply the body with vitamin C, which thins the blood and makes the walls of blood vessels more elastic. In addition, grapefruits and oranges are rich in flavonoids that improve memory.
- Bilberry is a champion in antioxidants that protect the brain’s vessels from oxidative reactions and toxic stress. These processes reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Walnuts are a vegetable alternative to wholesome cholesterol, which strengthens the vascular walls.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are present in salmon, which break down harmful cholesterol, preventing the formation of blood clots.
- Olive oil due to its record high content of unsaturated fats and polyphenol has natural anti-inflammatory properties and improves memory.
- Flaxseed is a rich source of protein and fiber, vitamin E, which enhances mental performance.
- Avocados are replete with healthy fats that help normalize blood pressure and cerebral blood flow.
- Green tea. Its antioxidants help to strengthen blood vessels, combating toxic free radicals. It has been proven that people who drink green tea every day reduce the likelihood of developing dementia.
Used in folk medicine tinctures, juices, and decoctions – a real storehouse of natural vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients. Our selection of proven natural means of complex action. They effectively strengthen the walls of blood vessels, cleanse them of harmful cholesterol, and prevent blood clots.
- Garlic tincture. This remedy is best prepared at the end of the summer when garlic ripens. 10 large teeth of garlic and 10 thin-skinned lemons, peeled, finely chop in a blender. Mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture with one liter of fresh liquid honey. Pour into a glass jar and remove to insist for a week in a dark place. Drink during the month 2 times a day: in the morning and at lunch.
- A decoction of wild rose. 100 g of rose hips are crushed and poured over with a liter of boiling water. Broth poured into a thermos. Leave to infuse overnight, filter in the morning. Drink tincture of 250 ml four times a day.
- Ginger tea. Crush the ginger root. A teaspoon of chopped ginger root, green tea and a pinch of cinnamon, pour 300 ml of boiling water and let it stand for a few minutes. To taste, add lemon and honey. Drink like regular tea.
- Vitamin mix. One peeled carrot, 50 g of celery, spinach and parsley chop in a blender. Greens can take any. Add to the mixture 100 ml of warm boiling water and honey to taste. Drink a glass of this vitamin smoothie on an empty stomach in the morning and afternoon.
Any methods that help strengthen the blood vessels of the brain will not work productively if a person does not give up bad habits: smoking, alcohol, unhealthy diet. Exercise, stress neutralization, diet correction – this is the foundation that tones your blood vessels and improves overall health.