In addition to being a great ally in aromatherapy to promote relaxation, massage with lavender oil are very effective in relieving the discomfort caused by muscle spasms.
Muscular pains can be due to multiple causes. Although many times we know the reasons why we suffer from those annoying pains, on other occasions we do not know the reasons.
In most cases, stress, muscle tension, falls, exercise, a bad movement or even the flu can cause muscle damage, malaise, and laziness.
It is very important to know how to relieve muscle pain because it directly affects our quality of life: it makes us unable to carry out our day in a normal way and we always think about pain. In turn, muscle pain is directly related to spasms, which are involuntary movements that suddenly appear in our body and are from annoying to painful.
The content of summery:
Home remedies to treat muscle spasms
- Hot water
- Rosemary branches
- Increase potassium intake
- Apple cider vinegar
- Valerian infusion
- Lavender oil
Home remedies to treat muscle spasms
The natural products are ideal to take care of some discomforts that appear in our organism. If you want to know what are the best treatments or solutions to avoid both muscle pain and muscle spasms, keep reading these lines.
1. Hot water
Hot or warm water is perfect to relax the muscle. It is one of the most expanded home remedies thanks to its simplicity and effectiveness.
- The ideal is to have a hot water bottle or cloth compresses soaked in hot water. Applied in the affected area, it will help to stimulate blood circulation, which will help to eliminate muscle tension and inflammation.
- You can also take advantage of the moment of the shower to apply heat locally.
- You also follow this tips to live in physical and mental balance.
2. Rosemary branches
It is a very beneficial herb to treat and cure various meanings of the organism. In this case, your infusion can help the inflammation disappear: moisten a cloth on it and apply to the area you want to treat.
- If you get rosemary oil you can apply it by gentle and firm massage to improve the condition.
3. Increase potassium intake
Lack of potassium can cause severe muscle spasms. It is a valuable nutrient that will prevent us from suffering, in addition, cramps in the extremities.
To avoid them increases the intake of foods rich in potassium. The banana is one of the suitable ones. If you do not like its flavor, you can camouflage it in a juice or smoothie with other fruits. Always look for seasonal ones and make the best combination for you.
4. Apple cider vinegar
The apple cider vinegar has great medicinal properties, as well as many other domestic uses. In this case, it is very effective to avoid pain and muscle spasms in the body. It is an ideal remedy to combat muscle tension.
- To take advantage of its benefits we can submerge the affected area in a container with a mixture of water and two cups of vinegar (500 ml).
- Another option is to apply gauze or compresses impregnated in the mixture and leave for 30
Whenever we think of muscular discomfort, we immediately think of ice cubes. They are one of the great natural anti-inflammatories that we always have at hand at home.
- You can apply cold in a simple way by wrapping some ice cubes in a towel. Avoid applying ice directly, as it could cause skin burns.
- Then let the ice work for 15 minutes in the area. You can do this treatment 2 to 3 times a day, whenever you need it.
6. Valerian infusion
One of the most relaxing plants we find is valerian. You can prepare an infusion of valerian to relax the body both physically and mentally.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of valerian (15 g)
- Add a tablespoon of valerian in a cup of boiling water and leave to infuse for 5 or 10 minutes.
- After the indicated time, strain and drink.
Ideally, take it at night before bed so that the body recovers during all night hours.
7. Lavender oil
From now on, lavender oil can be your best ally to fight muscle spasms. Like valerian, lavender has very relaxing properties, so it is also used in many air fresheners.
- To use it, get lavender oil in a herbalist’s shop (if you wish, you can prepare it yourself).
- Apply it to the affected area and massage until it is reabsorbed.
As you can see, these recommendations are very basic but at the same time very effective in treating and eliminating muscle spasms. Undoubtedly, a very simple way to avoid pain and improve your quality of life.
If you like this article, please share with your friends and family, if you also know any home remedies to reduce muscle pain, please share with us or comments below.