Do you want to promote your business on social networks and ask yourself if you are doing the right thing or if there is something you can do to improve? Here you are in the right place. In this mini-guide I will suggest 5 concrete things you need to do to successfully promote your business on social networks. And you have to start right away.
NB: In this guide, when I talk about Social Networks I will refer in particular to Facebook and Instagram.
#1. In the Editorial Plan, expect a good mix of content
Getting results on Social Networks is very difficult if you don’t plan a good Editorial Plan, a strategic document of the contents that you will have to publish. When you choose what to publish, it is essential to have in mind what the goals you want to achieve with that content (Brand Awareness, Brand Consideration, Conversion, Social Customer Care, and Retention) and who the people you are targeting. When I say, who the people you are talking to, I mean you have to know in detail who your target people are and that a serious mistake consists precisely in dwelling on the generic. How do you figure out which content can be relevant to your target audience if you don’t know the needs, desires, curiosities, tastes and interests in depth?
After analyzing the objectives and targets, you can decide what content to post on the Social Networks and which formats to use. My advice is to provide a good mix of content …
- Some will have to tickle people’s desire to participate, achieving the goal of interaction, which is very important to involve people and establish a relationship with them and to promote brand visibility. Moreover, the interaction will help you to create Custom Public starting from the people who interact with the fans of your page and to whom you can dedicate specific promotional campaigns;
- Other content, especially blog links, must be designed to bring traffic to your website. These will also be important to affirm your authority in the sector;
- Other contents, especially the sponsored ones, will have the goal of generating leads and selling;
- Other contents will still have to be designed to encourage customer loyalty. Always remember that a loyal customer costs 5 to 10 times less than a new customer to acquire does.
To promote you nothing is more concrete than a content that is really able to talk to its target audience, to answer its questions, to satisfy its specific curiosities and to do it speaking in its own language.
#2. Lead ADS and Link ADS: plan and test
What is the ultimate reason why you want to promote your business on social networks? Because you want to find new customers. Well, then the management of your social channels cannot disregard the planning of Lead Generation strategies , or rather of finding new potential customers, of contacts interested in your offer. How to do? You have two paths you can take …
- The Lead ADS, a Facebook advertising format that allows you to create a form that people who will see your listing can fill out and sign up and which, therefore, allows you to collect contacts. Facebook also offers you the possibility to link the list of contacts acquired through these campaigns to your CRM (Mailchimp);
- The ADS Links, or Lead Generation strategies that consist in referring people to target, through paid advertising campaigns on Social Networks (but not only), to an optimized Landing Page with the aim of collecting profiled contacts.
Which of the two strategies is preferable to use? There is no single answer, as it almost never exists when it comes to marketing and communication strategies on social networks. You have to test and evaluate which for you, for your target audience, for your sector, for the context in which you operate and for the budget, you have available works better.
You may also interested to know kobe bryant net worth
#3. The likelihood of convincing the user using the levers of persuasion increases
Do you want to increase the chances of convincing your target audience to take the action you want them to do? Well, you have to exploit the levers of persuasion. These psychological levers influence our behavior and our decisions. The main levers of persuasion you need to use when you build content (visual + copy) for your target audience are …
- The principle of scarcity. The more a thing is scarce, the more attractive it will be. That’s why messages like Hurry up work, the last 10 places left! Or You have only 24 hours. My advice? When using levers of this type, ensure that the message is true. Don’t fool your target;
- The social proof. If others have bought that product or made that specific decision, then it means that the choice is the right one for me too. Testimonials and numbers (10,000 satisfied customers in the last two years) work precisely because they reassure people;
- The principle of reciprocity. Giving something in return is useful for getting from people what you want. This principle is also the basis of Lead Generation strategies: I give you something useful and, in return, I ask you for your contacts;
- The rule of contrast, also known as folding after rejection. The most used tactic? Propose a product or service that costs X and compare it with an even more expensive one to induce buying by perceiving the cost of the former as more accessible and sustainable.
#4. Are you using Custom Public and Lookalike?
Personalized Public and Lookalikes are two types of public that are particularly valuable for your promotion and conversion strategies on social networks. The Public Personalized are hot public, people who are already in touch with you, you know and have expressed interest in your brand, so they are more likely to act. The Custom Public or Custom Audience that Facebook allows you to create are …
- File clients, that is, a public built from a database of contacts that you already have;
- Website traffic, or a target audience of website visitors up to a period of 180 days; visitors to certain pages of the website; visitors who have stayed on your site for a certain period of time);
- Activity in the app, or people who have acted and interacted in your app;
- Offline activities, or you can create a list of people who have interacted with your brand in the physical store or through other offline channels, but to implement this list on Facebook you must have a CRM or a POS or other customer management systems to integrate with Mark Zuckerberg’s social media;
- Interaction, or you can build your target audience from the people who interacted with your Facebook page and / or your Instagram profile.
The Lookalikes or Similar Public are target audiences that you can create starting from a specific source that allows Facebook to find people with characteristics, interests and behaviors similar to those of the source. What sources can you use to create Lookalike? Personalized Public created from the contacts database, from the Facebook Pixel (website visitors), from mobile data and from those who interacted with your page or with your Instagram profile. The proximity between the Similar Public and its source can fluctuate between 1% and 10%, but usually the best performing Lookalike are those with characteristics very similar to those of the origin (i.e. 1%).
An effective advertising strategy on Facebook and Instagram cannot be separated from Custom Audience and Similar Public (Lookalike).
#5. Optimize Copywriting
Images and videos play a central role in posts published on social networks, whether they are on the organic or paid. Images, in particular, must be clear, simple, emotional and must focus attention on a single element. Equally important is the role of copywriting. A mistake committed very frequently is to provide little relevance to the UVP, Unique Value Proposition, or the unique value proposition of the brand. What makes your company unique? Why should people perform the action you ask for? What is the concrete gain that people get? The value proposition of your brand and your offer must be immediate, clear and must be immediately perceived by the target reading your content. The benefit you offer must have a prominent role in your communication (both in copywriting and also in design).
Another valuable tip? Copywriting on social networks works best if you use the words of persuasion, or words that encourage and encourage action by people, as free, immediately, exclusive, limited, secret, now, help.